Friday, May 06, 2005

SPAWN AGAIN

I prepare milk and pretzels for breakfast while watching cartoon network.

I draw a princess dressed in pink with a carnation in her hair.

I land on square 7 and have to curtsey like a princess; square 13 and I must name 3 characters from Disney's Aladdin.

I break for cocoa and an apple.

I sew Call-Girl Barbie's dress back together and mend a twirly streamer on a stick.

I sit through a performance of rhythmic gymnastics and applaud heartily.

Pooh and Piglet go hunting and nearly catch a Woozle.

I submit to the doctor's wish to closely examine the contents of both my ears.

I spit on both my hands, rub them together and engage my opponent in a spot of wrestling. I lose on a technicality.

I venture into the great outdoors and pick dandelions.

I put some Monk on the stereo and accompany my partner in the Botty-Wobble Dance.

I scan the TV guide, thank the gods for Scooby-Doo and jack myself into the net.

I glance at the clock. 11:26.

I meditate upon post chicken-pox middle ear infections and wonder what the afternoon shift might have in store.

It's going to be a long day.

No comments: