Monday, May 23, 2005

I AM NOT A NUMBER

Should anybody be desirous of boosting my already over inflated ego on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, you are cordially invited to phone the Novotel Congress Budapest and have me paged.


 Posted by Hello

Please do not be offended if I do not immediately rush to your summons. This will be for one of three reasons.

1. The hotel has three bars. I could be leaning in what I fervently hope to be a cool and nonchalant fashion against any one of them.

2. The sheer, trouser squirming joy of having one's name broadcast above the hubbub of film stars, politicians, high class call-girls and sundry liggers, even if they do mistake me for that Arthur Dent guy, would be of such a magnitude that it would be a shame to bring it to a premature conclusion.

3. I am stuck in a one-way system somewhere and have, quite utterly, failed to arrive at all.

The smart money is on 3.

No comments: