Thursday, September 09, 2004

THE WELCOME INN

Day 16 Addendum


Forgot to mention that after procuring our tickets for the match, I decided to locate and check out the Sheaf View as it was a new one for me. Weggie's directions were pretty good and I found it without too much trouble. As I parked, it started to rain so I picked up the Frog and carried her inside. I placed her down on an upholstered bench and sauntered enthusiastically over to the bar where the only two other customers in the whole place were ensconced and where I had been assured I would find several real ales and numerous 'poncy lagers'. I was there informed that we would have to sit outside...in the rain...on uncovered wet benches. And all because of a very recently four year old girl. Bollocks. No wonder we're a nation of aggressive drunks and binge drinkers.

Anyway, I swore and we left. Thirst unslated.

No comments: