Saturday, July 09, 2005

MIRROR, MIRROR

As usual, the comments passed tell us more about the commentator than the subject of the comment. Forgive me if I paraphrase somewhat.

US. "The contrast between the purity of our motives and the sheer evil of theirs has really struck me."

Israel. "...blah, blah, that terrorism is not just an Israeli problem."

Russia. "We will carry the fight into Chechnya..."

Spain. "As we know from our experience of Madrid..."

France. "Eye veal stand ear beyaind ze zlaimee toad end unch myzelf ohvuhr ze rostrum in zee ope zat ze vohturz recogneyez meye sinceriteh."

UK. "I find it...impossible...to say...anything...without...pausing pregnantly...every...few words...in the...hope...that...such delivery...conveys my deep...and heartfelt..."

Amstelladagain. "Comment me do."

No comments: