Tuesday, June 01, 2004

THIS IS NOT AN UNDERCOAT

Part 2.

The series where we bring you the latest in Hungarian house styles with particular regard to colour schemes.

All the following are examples from the latest must have postal code of Nagykanizsa towards which all those with more money than taste are presently gravitating. It'll be a gated community within the next ten years, mark my words.

Let's begin with another example of the style I like to call the sandwich.


 Posted by Hello

Notice the subtle way in which the colour of the roof is reflected in the foundation and the care with which they have attempted to make the house blend in with its surroundings.

As a further example of the Pablo Picasso theory of camouflage, I give you this little number.


 Posted by Hello

I can imagine the whole family sitting around the sample card of an evening and arriving at this decision quite democratically. Surely they wouldn't have tried the Neil Warnock approach to team selection and just thrown darts at it...surely not?

Those moving into the area who remembered to pack just a smidgen of self respect and decorum have tended to adopt the pastel approach. It would appear that this year's cop-out colour is yellow.


 Posted by Hello

Last year, it was a rather fetching shade of peach as demonstrated by the house of an acquaintance of mine.


 Posted by Hello

As I was driving out of this wonderful little community, I chanced upon this.


 Posted by Hello

Perchance the architect was placed in cryogenic suspension sometime in the 60s and has just been revived.

Anyway, on the way home I passed my favourite bit of advertising in the whole of Nagykanizsa and felt I should share it with you.


 Posted by Hello

...such stuff as dreams are made on.

No comments: