Thursday, January 25, 2007

CUBIT



When I first received this, for want of a better description, calendar, I couldn't figure out how it could possibly work. I left it wrapped in its transparent packaging and sat down to work out all the possible combinations of the two numbered cubes that would allow me to display every date between the first and the thirty-first and not one would do the trick.

And then it hit me.

No prizes on offer. Just curious you understand. Hopefully it will drive you as crazy trying to work it out as it did me.

1 comment:

simon said...

Oh, Roger, Roger. My recent refurbishment has led to the unfortunate deletion of all my comments but your valiant attempt to persuade me that the 5 and the 2 could somehow escape their mirror-imageness and become vertically reversible was weak and ultimately futile.

Your idea about the 6 and the 9 however, was absolutely spot on, Chris.