Thursday, November 11, 2004

MARKER PENS

An electronic correspondence. Only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

From: Simon
Date: 11/11/04 12:19:03
To: Perky Secretary
Subject: Re: exams

...and a jolly good day to you, P.S.!

I did indeed receive the box this morning but unless you can convince me that only 32% of the total candidates for the recent examination entered the spoken part, I will find it exceeding difficult to escape the conclusion that I have been right royally shafted with regard to my polite request for more SESOL than ESOL. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I ought to thank you for providing me with an opportunity to practice my Hungarian. I now find I can swear for at least a minute without once repeating myself.

But, never fear. I shall not start marking them until my desire to, "Fail them all!" has subsided. This may take some time.

Oh well, I had better stop now, take a few deep breaths and silently count to a very large number indeed. If this fails, I shall pull on the biggest pair of boots I can find, go outside and kick the dog.

More SESOL please, or the dog gets it.

Toodle pip,

Simon

From: Perky Secretary
Date: 11/11/04 16:01:51
To: Simon
Subject: RE: exams

Hello Simon!

Let me see, what can I do for you…? You can haggle with me over this matter. Ok, I will try to send more SESL than ESOL but as you are so smart that you can mark both of them, you can help me if you mark the ESOL scripts also so please forgive me if you find some ESOL exams. I promise, next time you can get only SESL. Is it good for you?

Regard,

Perky Secretary

From: Simon
Date: 11/11/04 16:23:47
To: Perky Secretary
Subject: RE: exams

Hello my little flowering rhododendron,

Who told you that flattering me always works? I'll bet it was that Bosswoman. May her armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Anyway, you have brought a rosy glow of pride to my cheeks and have made my dog very happy.

Thousands of blessings be upon you,

Simon

From: Perky Secretary
Date: 11/11/04 16:51:02
To: Simon
Subject: RE: exams

Well, nobody told me this trick, I’m sneaky alone. I was just off the top of my head. It can be successfull with a man.

Cheers,

Perky Secretary


Perky secretary is new. It would appear she is a very fast learner.

No comments: